1. For ONLINE Classes: work with your liaison librarian on embedding a custom research module into your course.
2. For Video Conference/Remote Courses: a "live" library session with your class via Zoom, which would closely mirror an in-person library session.
3. Individual meetings with a librarian: this works best for upper level courses with a substantial research project; you can require that your students meet with a librarian at some point during their research process. Librarians can meet with students via Zoom or telephone.
4. Traditional in-person session, either in the library or in the on campus classroom space.
Collaborate with your liaison librarian while you rework a lesson or assignment to incorporate information literacy concepts.
1. It connects library resources to students as needed.
2. Provides the space for librarians to interact with students regarding their research assignments.
3. Gives librarians access to suggest, promote, and facilitate the inclusion of library resources.
The Massasoit Community College Libraries offer a variety of delivery mediums for faculty to incorporate Information Literacy into their classes including:
How to Schedule
Ideally, classes should be scheduled one week prior to the library visit. Faculty must be present during an information literacy session.
During an instruction session, students may be asked to complete a brief instruction survey for assessment purposes.