The purpose of the site is the ultimate goal of the author. Is it to inform, promote, or enlighten?
Some Questions to Ask
- Does the author seem biased?
- This is not necessarily bad if it is an opinion. How do you intend to use the source?
- Is the purpose of the article stated?
- Is there a thesis statement?
- Are editorials clearly identified?
- Is the tone of the writing appropriate for the audience?
- What's the purpose of the overall site?
- This goes back to the Mission Statement
- Is the site for profit?
- Is the site trying to sell something?
- Do they provide credible evidence for their claims?
Ultimately the big question you need to ask is:
WHY WAS THE SITE CREATED?