Skip to main content

Massasoit Community College Archive: Past Campuses

 

The Past Campuses of Massasoit

The Sprague School  - Summer 1966

Massasoit was lent the Chandler "Sprague School" as its first temporary site in Brockton. The building was constructed in 1878 to replace two existing schools and was eventually demolished in 1977. The building was used strictly for the budding college's academic offices in the summer of 1966. Before the fall, a new space had been found to welcome the students.

For more information check out the Massasoit Libraries' Historypin page by clicking here.

The Charles M. Frolio School  - Fall 1966 to 1971

After leaving the Sprague School, Massasoit found room in the Frolio School in Abington. At the time, the college had 352 students and 22 faculty. It was time to try new ideas and invent traditions, like the celebratory Massasoit Day. By 1968 however, the school was filled to capacity and needed a second location house its approximately 650 students.

For more information check out the Massasoit Libraries' Historypin page by clicking here.

    

The Howard School - 1968 to 1971

With 650 students, Massasoit had run out of room for its students while in the Frolio location. Located in West Bridgewater, the Howard School was originally a school for girls and became a satellite campus for Massasoit until 1972.
 

For more information check out the Massasoit Libraries' Historypin page by clicking here. 

   

Camp Miramar, Duxbury 1970 to 1972

The Duxbury Campus became the second satellite campus for Massasoit in 1970. Originally known as the Miramar School, it was originally a school for training missionaries.

For more information check out the Massasoit Libraries' Historypin page by clicking here.